Monday, July 21, 2008

Good News

Pam gets to come home today! She's extremely excited about that. We were a little worried at first that coming home would be a dangerous thing, but after talking to the doctor, we have some of those fears put to rest. He said that she would probably do better at home on bedrest. She wouldn't be as stressed, and she would sleep better, which are really key elements to a healthy pregnancy.

Now we just have to figure out a way to keep her off her feet. I might have to tie her down...

OJ is sending me to a class in Seattle to learn how to install and service Cardio Theatre at the end of August. Cardio Theatre is the tv's and radio's on the Precor machines at health clubs. It's a four day thing, and I have to pass a test at the end of the class. It doesn't seem like it'll be too bad. I am usually able to absorb information easily, and retain that information for a long time. Especially if I find it interesting. And I think I will find this stuff interesting. I enjoy learning how things work, and learning how to fix things. I am hoping he'll send me to Precor Tech Certification 1 school as well. I would really enjoy that a lot. Besides that, it would make me more valuable to CFS.

I really want to get back to school. Really bad. I want to learn stuff. To work towards a degree in something. I really would love to see myself in 10 years teaching at a university somewhere. Teaching really is fun for me. My favorite thing on my mission was teaching appointmets. I loved to find new and exciting ways to teach the principles of the Gospel to those who wanted to learn. Finding ways to help them understand in their unique way. It would be a pleasure to do something similar in a field at a university. Either History, or English. Both are of interest to me.

Maybe Zac and I could be professors at the same school... :0)

3 comments:

Mr. S said...

That. Would. Be. AWESOME!!

*ahem

I'd love for that and it seems

-I may be seeing this idea through rose-colored glasses though-

that you have a genuine passion for explaining yourself. And you know you love English!

P.S. Use silk ties (for your wife). They work great, or so I'm told.

And I'm sure you have them to spare. :P

Mrs. Martin said...

lol no silk ties..... I promise to be good!

Mrs. Martin said...

I missed you too!