Monday, August 4, 2008

Dream Come True?

There is a course offered every so often. This course prepares one to take a test. Passing this test certifies one as a Radiological Technician. The course is a few months long, and costs $3500.

The job isn't the most exciting job in the world. It pays very well though. At least compared to what I'm getting paid. It's at least double my current yearly salary.

Unfortunately, I missed out on the class for this time. There was an open house for it this last Saturday, and there they filled the class. The next one will be offered in either January or February.

As much as I wish that I could have gotten in this time, it's probably a good thing that I didn't. First of all, I don't have the money. Second of all, I really wouldn't have had a whole lot of time to think it through, to weigh the pro's and con's.

Gotta say, the pro's seem to far outweigh the con's right now. The money alone makes it seem worth it.

The disadvantages? I may not be able to get a job in the Tri-Cities immediately. There are plenty of places that will hire Jr. Techs, but they're either in Idaho, or South Carolina, or somewhere else in this nation. I can either take a job somewhere else, or become a road technician. That means that I would be shipped out to other plants for a few weeks out of the month to refule them. I'm told the money is really good for road techs.

Once I get enough hours as either a road tech, or a tech somewhere else, I could probably come back here to the Tri-Cities, or maybe we'd live in Idaho. Dad says that it could take 6 months or so though.

This seems to be a long awaited answer to lots and lots of prayers. It's the first thing that has felt this right to me in a long time. It answers so many questions. Seems to solve so many problems.

We'll see I suppose. For now, I'm extremely excited.

Now to come up with 3500 big ones...

No comments: