Saturday, May 2, 2009

Better, better, better!!

Deleted that really depressing post. Sorry about that. I was going through a pretty rough time.

That was quite a while ago though. Things are seriously better now. 

We are settled in to our new place. That's really awesome. It took us quite a while, but things are clean and all the boxes are moved into the basement. Sure we still need to go through a lot of them, but having the rest of the house looking nice and organized is amazing. With it clean, this place actually looks nice, and feels like a home!

I have a new job. I will be working there this Wednesday and Friday, then I start full time next Monday. I am so excited! I have learned a lot at Columbia Fitness, and there were a lot of things that I enjoyed about working there. It's time for a change though. Something with better pay, benefits, and organization.

My new job is at a company called Szen Corp. They create software for resorts, golf courses, and fractional properties (formerly "time-shares"). I am now part of their customer support team. That means I will be taking calls from Szen customers, and helping them troubleshoot problems they are having with the software. I will also be documenting the learning process so that I can help create the "Help File" that needs to be put into the system. Another of my duties will be to try and "break" the programs the developers create. Hopefully, I will also be able to learn how to program as well! I am pretty new at a lot of this computer stuff, but I think I have an aptitude for it, and I think I will do really well at it. Like I said, VERY excited!

Plus, the job pays better. About 3 dollars more than I am currently making per hour, with 50 cent raises every 3 months for the first 2 years. A health benefits package, a 401k, and paid leave!

So like I said in my last post, things are definitely looking up!

No comments: